Saturday, December 12, 2009

They'll be great together

Maybe two very different things can work well together.

Or not.
Crabs walk sideways
And lobsters welk straight
So I don't think I can take you
As my mate!
(--a summer camp song in my childhood)

I've blogged the last few days about it being... hard. In my head, the difficulty in bringing my 'inner world' mental activities into my 'regular world'. Trying to keep it straight, trying to prevent my imagination and feelings and logic from intertwining like incestuous little royals every time I'm not looking.

I've been wondering if maybe it's not the right idea, me trying to ditch the separate space/time and literally force the 'meditation framework' into my normal operating system, or begin to try anyway. What if my imagination is interfering with my conscious mind? Will I end up nutso? Maybe that should be separate from the more logical needs of daily life. It's still new which makes it a little jumbled and confusing. Will that get better? Maybe it's just a sign it's wrong.

In a fragment of journal, I found notes I had jotted down from a Seth/Jane Roberts book that address this -- late 1993.
"... the [human] species developed reasoning abilities that are meant to evolve and grow as they are used. Your consciousness expands as you use it... as the conscious mind grw now, so did the range of imagination. The conscious mind is a vehicle for the imagination in many ways. The greater its knowledge, the further its reach of imagination. In return, imagination enriches conscious reasoning and emotional experience."

Huh. OK, and:
"You have not learned to use your consciousness properly or fully, so that it seems that imagination, emotion and reasoning are separate faculties, or sometimes set against each other. The mature conscious mind, once more, accepts data from the exterior world and from the interior one. It is only when you believe that consciousness must be attuned only to exterior conditions that you force it to cut itself off from inner knowledge, intuitional "voices," and the depths from which it springs."

Wow, that's a pretty specific address to it, yeah?!
also:
"Imagination and emotion are the most concentrated forms of energy that you possess as physical creatures."


PJ

No comments:

Remote Viewing Blog Ring